From: Randolf Geist <>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 01:12:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 11, 6:31 pm, Mladen Gogala <> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:19:27 -0700, Randolf Geist wrote:
> > I don't think that you're following the exact procedure outlined - the
> > point is that you need to specify either a SQL_HANDLE of an already
> > existing baseline or a SQL_TEXT of the unhinted SQL in addition to which
> > you want to apply the plan of the hinted query. So the SQL_ID and
> > PLAN_HASH_VALUE refer to the hinted query but the SQL_HANDLE or SQL_TEXT
> > refer to the unhinted version of the query.
> > Look carefully at the provided examples.
> > Hope this helps,
> > Randolf
> Did you try it? Does it work?
> --

All I can see is that what you've posted so far doesn't correspond to the provided examples, because your posted call to LOAD_PLANS_FROM_CURSOR_CACHE misses the additional parameter explained previously. How about providing a complete walkthrough of what you've tried so far?

See Dom's example how it is supposed to work in versions below I haven't tried it yet in

Hope this helps,
Randolf Received on Wed Oct 12 2011 - 03:12:33 CDT

Original text of this message