Re: Oracle joins the NoSQL fray

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 00:28:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:06:27 -0700, phil_herring_at_yahoo.com.au wrote:

> On Oct 10, 5:59 pm, CarlosAL <miotromailcar..._at_netscape.net> wrote:
>

>> Isn't it what they have been doing since jdbc appeared? (I mean, the
>> SQL they usually write can be called NoSQL...)

> I thought that was called 'Hibernate'.
>

> -- Phil

It is called Hibernate. The reason is that if you produce a SQL late in the autumn, you can take a nap until spring and wake in time to see the query come back. There is an old Latin proverb which says "nomen est omen". That certainly does hold true for Hibernate. The name does describe the behavior of the applications written using it. Also, the framework itself can be a real bear.....

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com