Re: Oracle joins the NoSQL fray

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:09:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:54:08 +0200, Robert Klemme wrote:

> Having said that there are obviously domains where a NoSQL database can
> be used for good.

I definitely agree with you 100% on this. I used one popular NoSQL for a DW implementation and it was a great success. I wouldn't have dreamed of using it for the company critical OLTP database, but for a DW database with an extremely de-normalized data model (everything rolled into a single table), it was excellent. However, I don't think that an appliance would be an option.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com