Re: Oracle joins the NoSQL fray

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:22:35 +1100

Mladen Gogala wrote,on my timestamp of 8/10/2011 7:43 AM:

>>> bought by somebody else 5 or 6 years in the future.
>>
>> ...from an ad on ebay, of course.
>
> I don't think so. I think Oracle will buy HP, after they completely mess
> up SUN. After that, we'll see a slew of exciting "Oracle*Laserjet"
> products, which will be able to take the data directly from your data
> warehouse and send it to the waste bin, at speeds in excess of 2GB/sec

while blaming the "expensive DBAs" for all the ills of that solution. But fear not: it can all be outsourced, including the emptying of the bin...

> Oracle has managed to scare most of the Java developers away from SUN,

opinions vary as to how good that was... (g,d&r)

> they also managed to create a schism in the OpenOffice community and they
> are now using SUN facilities to churn out guaranteed non-sellers like the
> Oracle NoSQL appliance.

Hard to understand where that one fits, other than in the minds of said Java developers who go all gooey when they hear "NoSQL"... Received on Mon Oct 10 2011 - 00:22:35 CDT

Original text of this message