content based image retrieval with Oracle Multimedia

From: Lothar Armbrüster <l.armbruester_at_vertriebsunion.de>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 05:14:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hello out there,
I'm trying to figure out how I can find the ten best matching images to a given image. The documentation of Oracle Multimedia (for 11.2.0.2) gives nearly no examples for this. I think I have to use SI_Stillimage and SI_Featurelist to satisfy my needs, but my approach so far is not very performant. I use SI_FeatureList.SI_Score to compute the matching score and I have to do that for every image in the database. Is there a better (i.e. faster) solution for that? I would like to index the featurelist to speedup similarity searches but since my approach uses the SI_Score function, any index on the featurelist does not help.
Has anyone experience with content based image retrieval using SI_Stillimage and its companions and can give me a few hints?

Many thanks in advance,
Lothar Received on Fri Oct 07 2011 - 07:14:03 CDT

Original text of this message