Re: License for V$ACTIVE_SESSION_HISTORY

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 05:47:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 2, 7:57 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Oct 1, 12:53 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 18:44:10 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> > > Do I need a license to use V$ACTIVE_SESSION_HISTORY? It's an amazingly
> > > useful table but there is a license issue.
>
> > OK, I should have read the documentation. Yes, the diagnostic pack
> > license is required. I should have known, the retention is regulated by
> > DBMS_WORKLOAD_REPOSITORY package.
>
> > --http://mgogala.byethost5.com
>
> You probably already know about s-ash, but in case anyone didn't,
> worth a look athttp://ashmasters.com/ash-simulation/
>
> Funny how there is a different oracle product named sash.
>
> jg
> --
> _at_home.com is bogus.http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2113703/oracle-openworld-live-coverage...

"Funny how there is a different oracle product named sash" Sash is not an Oracle product, but is Kyle's offering as a poor man substitute. If like us, you or your customer cannot afford the EM Diagnostic/Performance Pack licenses then this code provides pretty much the same information without having to pay a fee.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Oct 04 2011 - 07:47:06 CDT

Original text of this message