RMAN Incremental Level 1 if Level 0 Fails

From: <oraclesandiego_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 05:38:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Thanks to David Fitzjarrell for replying to my previous question.

RMAN is setup for a level 0 weekly, and a level 1 cumulative incremental daily.

Is there a way to configure RMAN so that if the level 0 backup fails, the subsequent level 1
backups will be cumulative incremental since the last successful level 0 backup?

So, for example

Sept 2 : Level 0 successful
Sept 9: Level 0 fails:
Sept 10: Cumulative Incremental is from Sept 2, not Sept 9 since Sept 9 level 0 fails.

We were able to do this with TNG Unicenter.

I checked the various options, and this does not seem possible using RMAN. Hopefully,
I am mistaken.

Thanks,
BG Received on Tue Oct 04 2011 - 07:38:25 CDT

Original text of this message