Re: Oracle 11.2.0.3 is out

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 10:56:47 +0100

"John Hurley" <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5cc06dc1-9c5d-491d-9bc0-798579803789_at_dk6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
> Jonathan:
>
> # I've only just installed a 4-node RAC on my laptop after
> procrastinating for a couple of months
>
> Seriously? 4 nodes on a laptop?
>
> I can never tell when you are being sarcastic but this sounds like
> it ... if not then how many nodes on a regular machine?
>
> # and now I have to ugrade it already.
>
> Yeah we all have more work to do now eh? Better than not having work
> to do though ...

Yes, seriously:
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2011/07/27/rac/

But it does have 16GB of RAM and a quad-code i7.

It's not quite perfect yet - I've got some problems with grid control. I can't get to the linux VMs from the Windows VM through the em URL, and grid control failed to install on two of the four nodes. Neither issue is a real problem though.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com