Re: Oracle is out

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:50:41 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:02:29 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> Downloading it right now. The first 2 tests to do will be gathering the
> system stats and running the IO calibration. OEL 6.x is now supported,
> as well as its RH counterpart.

SQL> select * from v$version;

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release - Production PL/SQL Release - Production
CORE Production
TNS for Linux: Version - Production NLSRTL Version - Production

I can report that the problem with the system statistics is fixed. I will run the stuff from the Randolph Geist's article mentioned by Charles Hooper in our earlier debate and see if there are any changes with respect to I/O calibration.