Re: DB Appliance: the attack of the clones

From: CarlosAL <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 01:36:50 -0700 (PDT)

Mladen.

>> Any particular reason for disagreement? Oracle is the largest DB vendor
>> and as such is much, much bigger than Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum and
>> Vertica combined. Contrary to some platitudes, the size does matter, at
>> least when it comes to the DB companies.

This can be true from a 'manager point of view'. When it comes to pure technical features (and even the performance/cost) we are talking another language: Toyota may be the largest car-selling company, but I'd rather buy a... (put here the car you like most).

Anyway, I admit I'm biased here (just like I was -the other way- some years ago) and I don't think this is the place for a very personal discussion.

Cheers.

Carlos. Received on Fri Sep 23 2011 - 03:36:50 CDT

Original text of this message