Re: Imports / Compression

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 15:42:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 06:38:18 -0700, Mark D Powell wrote:
> On Sep 20, 12:11 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:03:20 -0700, ExecMan wrote:
>> > Sorry, it is SE (or maybe SE1).  But if we cannot use compression, is
>> > there a way to uncompress during the export?  Or, will we need to
>> > create new tables, uncompressed, then export.   A real pain!
>>
>> The problem is in creating tables with the compressed attribute. Try
>> this in your destination database:
>>
>> SQL> create table t1(c1 varchar2(20),c2 number(10,0)) compress;
>>
>> Table created.
>>
>> If that succeeds, and I don't think it will, the problem is soluble by
>> using the DB link for export/import. If not, you will have to create
>> all compressed tables without the "COMPRESS" option before the import
>> and import with TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION=APPEND
>>
>> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com
>
> You could potentially use dbms_metadata to generate all the create table
> statements and just edit the result to remove the compress statement
> then create the tables manually in the target database followed by
> trying an impor into the existing table.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

The data pump utilities are missing INDEXFILE option from the old export/ import. In the absence of such option for expdp, one can also use the normal exp, which still exists in 11.2.0.2, and the DDL Wizard to extract the table data quickly. The DDL Wizard is available here: http://www.ddlwizard.com
It also works on Linux, with Wine.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com