Re: Interesting new V$ table in 11.2

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 00:27:52 +0100

> Mark's tip puts me on the right track, because it is possible to get the
> DDL and the tables for GV$SESSION_WAIT. My cunning plan has failed, which
> should not come as a big surprise to anyone who has watched "Black
> Adder".
> --
> http://mgogala.byethost5.com

If you want to see the object names, do an "explain plan". From memory

    v$session is based on x$ksuse (but added some bits in 10g and 11g)     v$session_wait is based on x$ksusecst

To show that they the two x$ are the same array with different bit exposed:

  1. Select addr from the two arrays - the addresses are identical
  2. join x$kqfta to x$kqfco (x$ tables and x$ columns) and you will see that x$ksuse has a big can in the column positions, which happens to match the column positions for x$ksusecst.
--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com

"Mladen Gogala" <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote in message