Re: Interesting new V$ table in 11.2

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:50:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 06:56:50 -0700, Mark D Powell wrote:

> On Sep 14, 12:56 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:13:47 -0700, dombrooks wrote:
>> > See also the blocking_*, final_blocking_*, etc columns in the ever-
>> > extending v$session.
>>
>> Yes, V$SESSION_WAIT and V$SESSION views have effectively been merged.
>>
>> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

> Just for general information the v$session_wait veiw was always build on
> the same internal (x$) table as v$session. It is just that the
> information was not exposed by Oracle in the v$session view definition.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

How can I check that? V$FIXED_VIEW_DEFINITION contains only the first 4000 characters of the SQL, there is nothing in any of the bsq files and cdfixed.sql contains this for each and every table:

create or replace view gv_$session as select * from gv$session; create or replace public synonym gv$session for gv_$session; grant select on gv_$session to select_catalog_role;

create or replace view gv_$license as select * from gv$license; create or replace public synonym gv$license for gv_$license; grant select on gv_$license to select_catalog_role;

create or replace view gv_$transaction as select * from gv$transaction; create or replace public synonym gv$transaction for gv_$transaction; grant select on gv_$transaction to select_catalog_role;

This is obviously intended to hide the source code of the V$ views and is very successful.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com