Re: Wallet & SSL V3

From: Gunter Herrmann <notformail0106_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:30:19 -0400

Hi!

Preston wrote:
> By '2-way
> certs' I mean when the both the provider& consumer have to
> authenticate themselves. Which I/think/ is what SSL V3 is all about,
> but it's really not my area.

What you describe is client certificate. It works with different versions of SSL/TLS.

Client certificate is not supported by the Oracle http/https package up to 10.2.
It is supposed to work in 11g, I have not tried it.

Here we have to provide https 2 way certification for an application. We are still on 10.2.
So the solution is:
 From PL/SQL call a Java 6 servlet running on tomcat on a different box, this detour works, but additional communication creates an additional point of failure.

Gunter in Orlando, Fl Received on Thu Sep 15 2011 - 08:30:19 CDT

Original text of this message