Re: Interesting new V$ table in 11.2

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:29:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 14, 6:36 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Database version 11.2 (I don't have any 11.1 at hand) has the table
> V$SESSION_BLOCKERS which lists blocking sessions on any instance. Before
> this, I've had to write "black magic" queries using GV$LOCK and ID1 and
> ID2 columns and GV$SESSION using V$ROW_OBJECT#, FILE#, BLOCK# and ROW#.
> This helps a lot. Good job, Oracle! Diagnosing lock contention has just
> become a lot easier, easy enough for a DBA 2.0.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

Oops, that was supposed to be select sid, username, serial#, process, nvl(sql_id,0), sql_address, blocking_session, wait_class, event, p1, p2, p3, seconds_in_wait from v$session where blocking_session_status = 'VALID' OR sid IN (select blocking_session from v$session where blocking_session_status = 'VALID')

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Must. Get. Coffee.