Wallet & SSL V3

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: 14 Sep 2011 09:47:51 GMT

Has anyone ever managed to get it working? I first tried around 6 years ago without success, but thankfully that particular client's requirement went away. Now it's reared its ugly head again with a different client.

We're just trying to call an https web service from PL/SQL, which you'd think would be simple enough. And it is, as long as the provider switches off the requirement for 2-way certs. I just export the cert from IE, load it into the wallet & it works fine. But as soon as they switch the 2-way certs back on, it stops working.

Googling just finds lots of people with the same problem going back a decade or more, but no solutions.

Apologies if my terminoligy doesn't make a lot of sense. By '2-way certs' I mean when the both the provider & consumer have to authenticate themselves. Which I /think/ is what SSL V3 is all about, but it's really not my area.

I don't think versions matter with this, but just in case, it's 11.<something> on Windows.

--
Preston.