Re: Huge numbers in SYS,AUX_STAT$

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 19:55:06 -0700 (PDT)

Mladen:

# In my opinion, 12.0 is too premature. Not many companies have actually adopted 11g in production. In addition to $40k/CPU core, there is the question of stability, openly expressed by Oracle support analysts who advised me to upgrade to 11.1, not 11.2, off the records, of course. 11.2 is a partial RAC rewrite release, as well as an optimizer rewrite. Those changes are big and haven yet matured. Having two immature versions in the wild, 11.2 and 12.0 will only undermine already rather shaky confidence in Oracle Corp.

Yikes ... thanks for making me feel so good about my trial project going for 11.2 on a non critical system!

All my other ones are 11.1.0.7.8 and staying pretty stable. Received on Sat Sep 10 2011 - 21:55:06 CDT

Original text of this message