Re: installation problem - Oracle 11.2 Enterprise ed. on Windows 7

From: Ken Quirici <kquirici_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 18:49:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 10, 9:48 pm, Ken Quirici <kquir..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I hope somebody can help with this at-the-last-possible-moment glitch
> in the above installation.
>
> In short, everything worked fine except the optional configuration
> manager configuration.
>
> Some jeee error or other.
>
> So this is what I'm concerned with:
>
> I ran sqlplus and entered as username sys_at_orcl2 which is the sid as
> the installer told me,
> and entered the password that I had supplied for 'administrator'
> during the installation.
>
> I got the message you should login to sys as sysdba or sysoper.
>
> So I tried, using the same password.
>
> But it said invalid username/password.
>
> What effing password should I use if not the only password they asked
> me for, for 'administrator'?
>
> Regards,
>
> last-ditch Ken

What I meant was I was not concerned with the error trying to configure the configuration manager
since the installation was complete and it was optional anyway. But I AM concerned with being
able to login as admin so I can create users and do the stuff I need to do.

Regards again,

Ken Received on Sat Sep 10 2011 - 20:49:36 CDT

Original text of this message