Re: 'control file sequential read' high average time

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:52:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 03:12:18 -0700, HansP wrote:
>> I have the same problem, only different application. EBS doesn't have
>> much to do with this. This an ASH bug, described in the MoS document
>> 941761.1. To my knowledge, this isn't fixed yet.
>>
>> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

> Hello Mladen,
> I had seen the Note already.
> But I have doubt whether the issue described there applies to my
> situation.
> I do not see inserts on wr$ or wrh$ tables taking a lot of time. And the
> MMNL is not one of the top sessions.
>
> regards Hans-Peter

I am not sure what is the platform but you could monitor the access to control files by using systemtap or dtrace. These utilities could tell you not only who is doing I/O against the files but also what is being written or read. I will take a back seat and let Jonathan sort this one out, if he can.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com