Re: How to disable redo log generation during star transformation

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 07:42:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 26, 7:49 am, Pratap <pratap.deshm..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The database version is Oracle 11.1
>
> When star transformation enabled is set to true, I see redo log being
> generated. I believe this is because of the dimensions being loaded
> into temp tables (SYS_TEMP_*).
>
> Is it possible to disable this redo log generation without using
> temp_disable?
>
> These temp tables are created in the SYS schema. Can we alter system
> tablespace to nologging?
>
> Regards,
> Pratap

PS - Google won't show me my initial reply but I found the following article at Oracle support that tells you how to disable the use of temporary tables in a start transformation.

Init.ora Parameter "STAR_TRANSFORMATION_ENABLED" Reference Note [ID 47358.1]

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Aug 26 2011 - 09:42:16 CDT

Original text of this message