Re: Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory - July 2011

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 09:15:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 21, 6:38 pm, indytoatl <indyto..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm new to the Oracle world so help me out. When I try to download the
> Oracle patches it ask me for my support contract ID. I don't have one
> so does that mean I can not download patches without a contract?

If you are working for a company, they should have a support contract. If you are on your own, some googling about might find suggestions on how to get a very cheap license that lets you download patches. If a student, your school may have arrangements.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.allthingsoracle.com/2011/08/19/can-plsql-be-faster-than-sql/