Re: Strange Oracle behavior between different environments

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:22:25 -0700 (PDT)

Alex:

# We have a 10g database on Solaris 10 that is having some serious
performance issues.

I just have one system left 10.2 on Solaris ( an old machine ) but it runs just peachy!

# I'm not sure if the Solaris/Windows thing makes a difference at all,
but I'm curious if anyone knows of anything.

Well I am sure that in general Solaris should be faster. Does that help any?

We need more details ... like what Joel suggested.

The most likely shot in the dark guess is statistics related. Like perhaps statistics regathered on the windows machine but old stats maybe on the Solaris database.

A 10046 trace is also a good route to start looking at things like this along with a dbms_xplan type approach. Received on Fri Aug 19 2011 - 13:22:25 CDT

Original text of this message