Re: Question about External Tables

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 06:44:34 -0700 (PDT)

Jack:

# Thanks for the help everyone.  After some examination of this particular problem I found out that the problem is in the folder permissions that contained the csv file.

Thanks for the update ... sorry it took you so long to chase it down.

Permissions and ownership issues will bite you big time with external tables if you do not check carefully everything and every time. Part of the documentation that you produce everytime you put together a new script/job with an external table should verify the setup.

Thought I gave you a hint on my first reply on August 10th to look at the permissions/etc but c'est la vie. Received on Thu Aug 18 2011 - 08:44:34 CDT

Original text of this message