Re: Question about External Tables

From: Joe Cirillo <joe.cirillo_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 07:33:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 16, 8:16 pm, Jack Schmidt <thejackschm..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Joe for the tip!  I tried to connect to Oracle from the listener on the database server and I do get the error.  So this is an issue with the environment that starts with the listener?

I think it is an issue with the umask setting of the session that launched the listener. We saw it in a sun clustered EBiz environment when the start of the listener was put under cluster control. To resolve it we added a call to source the environment config file, similar to what was in the database owner's .profile, to the cluster configuration and that resolved it for us Received on Wed Aug 17 2011 - 09:33:31 CDT

Original text of this message