Oracle Advanced Queue (10.2.0.4) retention.

From: z1hou1 <z1hou1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 07:50:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
For some reason, even though we have set retention to 86400 seconds (1 day) of dequeued messages in an Oracle AQ based application we are using, our DB server is not cleaning up the queue based on this retention setting. The retention parameter has taken effect based on the underlying dictionary views of that particular queue.

Do I have to ask the DBAs to reset/set some other parameter to which we don't have access for this cleanup to take effect?

Appreciate your help.

z1hou1 Received on Fri Aug 12 2011 - 09:50:58 CDT

Original text of this message