Re: google groups is back working

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 13:17:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 10, 10:56 am, Mladen Gogala <n..._at_email.here.invalid> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:18:29 -0700, Mark D Powell wrote:
> > LOL.  It took me a second but then I recognized the names.  I imagine in
> > the real world we are too small of potatoes for them to even know there
> > was an issue.

I get the feeling there's one or two guys doing groups as a side project. I just thought the group was in the doldrums.

> Probably true. I do admire them, along with the founders of Twitter and
> FB, they are the latest generation of the American technological
> entrepreneurs, coming into light 25 years after those two guys from
> Seattle established a company in Redmond, WA or those 4 guys, I believe
> the names were Ed Oates, Bob Miner, Bruce Scott and Larry Ellison, which
> established something called "Relational Software Inc".
> RSI was founded almost exactly a year after Microsoft and it grew to the
> admirable size, after it renamed itself to Oracle Corp.
> Page and Brin also created an empire, through the seemingly innocuous
> device like the search engine. These days, they practically own the
> Internet. To tell the truth, Oracle tried something called Network
> Computer before, but it wasn't too attractive and it wasn't that cheap,
> either, but I do have to give it to Larry Ellison that he had the right
> vision.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

And http://www.cultofmac.com/woah-apple-worth-more-than-microsoft-and-intel-combined/98502 http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2011/08/10/apple-back-above-exxon-mobil-for-good/

ipod exadata must be near.