Re: LOB compression

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 14:17:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:13:38 +0100, Jeremy wrote:

> Actually Mladen you missed the point (not that I explicitly stated what
> that point was - left for the reader to guess!) - the "web pl/sql
> toolkit" is a set of PL/SQL packages which are then utilised by an
> apache (Oracle HTTP Server) plug-in (mod_plsql)

Ah, you have Apex applications? Now, that will need rewriting. Fortunately, something like Django, Cake of Symfony can be a rather good replacement. I admit, Apex is a great idea for a vendor lock. People are using it to develop simple reports and forms in a really fast manner, but they are completely and utterly non-portable. And being faithful to Oracle is getting really expensive these days.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com