Re: LOB compression

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 03:50:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 01:10:14 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> I know that I need advanced compression option if I compress table for
> all operations. Do I need advanced compression license if I compress
> just LOB columns? The problem is licensing, I can't exceed the licenses
> allotted and the company didn't purchase the advanced compression
> option. DB version is:

OK, I found it. The news is not good: http://tinyurl.com/3nowq5k I quote:
About Deduplication

SecureFiles Intelligent Deduplication, available with the Oracle Advanced Compression Option, enables Oracle Database to automatically detect duplicate LOB data within a LOB column or partition, and conserve space by storing only one copy of the data.

Note that you must have a license for the Oracle Advanced Compression Option before implementing SecureFiles Intelligent Deduplication. See Oracle Database Licensing Information for more information.

Same applies to compression. Bummer.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com