Re: active directory authentication for oracle 10g database running on solaris

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:02:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 24, 6:39 am, Syed Hussaini <syed19812..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have oracle 10g up and running on Solaris 10, from windows I would
> like to connect to sql plus through windows authentication, for that I
> have already made sure that remote_auth = true and have created user
> in oracle with OPS$.
> But still I cannot connect.
>
> I have the same setup but with oracle on windows server, the os
> authentication from windows clients works just fine.
>
> any tips or tricks and does oracle 10g on solaris 10 supports windows
> os authentication?

Tip 1: This is like propping open your crack house front door with a doorstop to support security.

Tip 2: Post the error you are getting when you cannot connect.

Tip 3: Look at listener log for information. You may need to turn it on.

Tip 4: Check the docs for sqlnet tracing. There are many online examples of this.

Tip 5: But the first thing is to find out exactly what you are doing, and the results of a tnsping. It could be as simple as you are looking at the wrong host. Can you do a normal remote sqlplus login?

Tip 6: Be sure your os_auth_prefix is set correctly.

Tip 7: Always post exact versions of Oracle and OS's. Cut and paste your Oracle login banner, and use appropriate OS utilities to show those.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

jg

--