Re: what is the parameter to throttle back how often Oracle ASMM/AMM resize ops run?

From: onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:22:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 22, 2:00 pm, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sorry having trouble finding it at the moment.  Working on a
> presentation ... not a big fan of AMM and/or ASMM anyway.
>
> There is some kind of parameter ( maybe underscore parameter ) to have
> Oracle back off how often it does the resizing of SGA stuff ... anyone
> remember what that is?
>
> Thanks in advance

[WARNING: Before changing/adding ANY "underscore" parameter, consult Oracle Support]
[WARNING: Before changing/adding ANY "underscore" parameter, consult Oracle Support]
[WARNING: Before changing/adding ANY "underscore" parameter, consult Oracle Support]

From http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2007/04/16/sga-resizing/ Update Sept 2009: If you think that you are suffering problems due to excess resizing operations, check Metalink for document id 7189722.8 – which describes this behaviour as a bug “confirmed as affecting 10.2.0.4″. The bug is fixed in 10.2.0.5 and and 11.2, but there is a workaround offered through a hidden parameter:

alter session set "_memory_broker_stat_interval=999; The interval is set in seconds, and the default is 30 seconds. I doubt if there’s any specific significance to the value 999 used in the demonstration code from the bug note.

On the downside – bug 6528336 was confirmed in 10.2.0.3 and reported fixed in 10.2.0.4 – so you may still want to be a little cautious about ASMM even in the latest releases.

[WARNING: Before changing/adding ANY "underscore" parameter, consult Oracle Support]
[WARNING: Before changing/adding ANY "underscore" parameter, consult Oracle Support]
[WARNING: Before changing/adding ANY "underscore" parameter, consult Oracle Support] Received on Fri Jul 22 2011 - 14:22:12 CDT

Original text of this message