Re: what is the parameter to throttle back how often Oracle ASMM/AMM resize ops run?

From: Charles Hooper <>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:16:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 22, 2:00 pm, John Hurley <> wrote:
> Sorry having trouble finding it at the moment.  Working on a
> presentation ... not a big fan of AMM and/or ASMM anyway.
> There is some kind of parameter ( maybe underscore parameter ) to have
> Oracle back off how often it does the resizing of SGA stuff ... anyone
> remember what that is?
> Thanks in advance

A bit of Google digging found a couple that might be what you are remembering.
You might be thinking of _memory_broker_stat_interval, which I found briefly described in these two articles: (see the Update note)

You might also be thinking of the _memory_imm_mode_without_autosga
parameter, described here:

John, I know that you are aware of this, but just a warning for anyone
else who might read this message in the future.  Changing hidden
parameters should only be performed after consulting with Oracle
support.  Just because 2 or 3 articles describe a hidden parameter in
a similar fashion, it is not automatically safe to assume that the
hidden parameter could be safely modified without undesirable side-

Charles Hooper
Co-author of "Expert Oracle Practices: Oracle Database Administration
from the Oak Table"
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc.