Re: what is the parameter to throttle back how often Oracle ASMM/AMM resize ops run?

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:16:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 22, 2:00 pm, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sorry having trouble finding it at the moment.  Working on a
> presentation ... not a big fan of AMM and/or ASMM anyway.
>
> There is some kind of parameter ( maybe underscore parameter ) to have
> Oracle back off how often it does the resizing of SGA stuff ... anyone
> remember what that is?
>
> Thanks in advance

A bit of Google digging found a couple that might be what you are remembering.
You might be thinking of _memory_broker_stat_interval, which I found briefly described in these two articles: http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2007/04/16/sga-resizing/ (see the Update note)
http://www.bluegecko.net/oracle/ora-04031-and-asmm/

---
You might also be thinking of the _memory_imm_mode_without_autosga
parameter, described here:
http://www.ora600.be/category/blog/memoryimmmodewithoutautosga

---

John, I know that you are aware of this, but just a warning for anyone
else who might read this message in the future.  Changing hidden
parameters should only be performed after consulting with Oracle
support.  Just because 2 or 3 articles describe a hidden parameter in
a similar fashion, it is not automatically safe to assume that the
hidden parameter could be safely modified without undesirable side-
effects.

Charles Hooper
Co-author of "Expert Oracle Practices: Oracle Database Administration
from the Oak Table"
http://hoopercharles.wordpress.com/
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc.