Re: The artist formerly known as HTMLDB and Oracle11

From: Noons <>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:06:48 +1000

BicycleRepairman wrote,on my timestamp of 19/07/2011 7:57 AM:

> Oracle HTTP Server was moved from the core DB install to the
> Application Server tier in 11g. See

What it says is that Apache can be installed separately and standalone, although of course it can be installed as part of the Fusion middleware. Either that, or "Integration - While Oracle HTTP Server has standalone deployment options, it can also be deployed in a highly integrated manner with rest of the Oracle Fusion Middleware" is not written in English...

> "The features of single sign-on, clustered deployment, and high
> availability enhance the operation of the Oracle HTTP Server. Oracle
> HTTP Server 11 g is available off the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Web
> Tier and Utilities DVD. "
> The APEX install guide recommends either the Oracle HTTP Server or the
> APEX listener in a multi-tier and/or RAC environment. See "Choosing an
> HTTP Server" in the APEX Installation Overview:

Actually, that link points to a manual page that says no such thing anywhere... Received on Mon Jul 18 2011 - 20:06:48 CDT

Original text of this message