Re: Oracle 10 on Solaris 10 - ORA-06553 error

From: neilsolent <n_at_solenttechnology.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 01:12:33 -0700 (PDT)

> Theoretically by the time when you create a table you should have a
> good idea of what queries are going to be run against the table.

Not really. Unless you are psychic. That's why they call it software development - stuff changes, gets redesigned etc etc.

> That's not really tuning ... just application and database design.

Whatever you would like to call it.

> Developers should know how to use dbms_xplan effectively.
>
> Performance testing and benchmarking should also be part of the
> development design efforts.

Who said I was doing any development of any database with Oracle? My development has nothing to do with Oracle design itself. Received on Fri Jul 15 2011 - 03:12:33 CDT

Original text of this message