Re: querying over multiple database links

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 23:45:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:48:15 -0700, Krzysztof Cierpisz wrote:

> Unfortunately I don't know credentials that were used for creating that
> public link. I can use it and know the username with which it connects
> but cannot replicate that db link on my local database.

Actually, you can. If you retrieve DDL statement for the link by using DBMS_METADATA, you will get "CONNECT TO <user> IDENTIFIED BY VALUES <...> statement, which will enable you to re-create the link. Catch is that you still need "select any catalog" privilege, in order to do that.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com