Re: querying over multiple database links

From: Krzysztof Cierpisz <ciapecki_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:20:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 5, 6:01 pm, gazzag <justif..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> On Jul 5, 4:01 pm, Krzysztof Cierpisz <ciape..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > on database remote1 is a table I want to access => table1
> > I have a very limited schema/user created on remote2.
>
> > remote2 has public database link to remote1, so I can access
> > table1_at_dblink_to_remote1
>
> > I have another local database db1 with database link to remote2 =>
> > _at_dblink_to_remote2
>
> > I would like to create a table from remote1 on my local db1.
> > I can achieve that with export/import  (giving remote2 credentials).
>
> > Is there a better solution for that task?
>
> > thanks,
> > chris
>
> CREATE TABLE <table_name>
> AS SELECT * FROM <table_name>_at_<remote_database>;
>
> HTH
> -g

the table is not on <remote_database> -> I have no direct access to <remote_database>
I have only indirect access over a db_link from "another" database to <remote_database>. I have a very limited access on this "another" database so I cannot create any objects there. Received on Tue Jul 05 2011 - 11:20:50 CDT

Original text of this message