Re: Sybase to Oracle

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:28:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:52:51 +0100, Adrian wrote:

> I don't have a Sybase DB, only table definitions and the source code in
> a file, is this likely to make a difference ?.

Not much of a difference. It's approximately the same difference as if you just had a picture of car, not the car itself. You can't actually drive it, but you can imagine driving it. What you need is someone who knows pathologically eclectic rubbish lister (perl for short) well and knows how to use regular expressions to fix the codes. You need no workbench, either standalone or from SQL Developer.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com