Re: Sybase to Oracle

From: Adrian <bulleid_at_ffoil.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:52:51 +0100

In message <9a073$4e0b248c$524b97d2$10192_at_cache2.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>, Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl> writes
>On 06/29/2011 02:18 AM, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:24:47 +0100, Adrian wrote:
>>
>>> I've been given the job of porting a small Sybase application to a 11.2
>>> instance. The tables are easy enough to sort out, but some aspects of
>>> the Sybase stored code are not clear. Any suggestions for a good online
>>> source that will help me convert it to PL/SQL ?
>>>

>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Adrian
>>
>> SQL*Developer can do the trick. It has workshop repositories which can
>> help with conversion of Sybase and MS-SQL Server databases to Oracle. In
>> my experience, the tool does a pretty good job.
>>

>As an alternative to SQL*Developer: the Oracle Migration Workbench.
>Been using that some time ago, so functionality may have been
>ported to Developer.

Thanks.

SQL developer we have, is the migration workbench a freebie (like SQL Developer), or a paid for option. We are hoping that this is a one off, so it would be hard justifying expenditure.

I don't have a Sybase DB, only table definitions and the source code in a file, is this likely to make a difference ?.

Adrian

--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops