Re: Oracle 10 on Solaris 10 - ORA-06553 error

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:41:59 -0700 (PDT)

Neil:

# I don't know the full answer, as I am not an Oracle admin, but one example of tuning would be the running of performance tests and adding an index to speed up a query on a table.

Theoretically by the time when you create a table you should have a good idea of what queries are going to be run against the table.

That's not really tuning ... just application and database design.

Developers should know how to use dbms_xplan effectively.

Performance testing and benchmarking should also be part of the development design efforts. Received on Wed Jun 29 2011 - 11:41:59 CDT

Original text of this message