Re: Oracle 8.0.5 error

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 22:01:26 +0200

I repeat: "How do you connect to the server? Sybrand Bakker (http://www.dbmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/oracle-server/16978/connect-with-internal-user-in-oracle-8-0-5) says that Remote Desktop does not support Bequeath."

> Any other suggestions as to what I should do? I am completely
> stumped. Oh, and by the way, I'm building this database for the
> client because their old oracle server had the EXACT SAME connection
> problem via svrmgr30. I thought it was a bad install but maybe not.
> Could it be something with their network? Something with the
> compatibility of 8.0.5 and Win2000?

Yes, they are in-compatible. Bequeath does not work, ergo, you will not be able to connect to a local database. Not that it matters much, since it can't be installed. Received on Fri Jun 24 2011 - 15:01:26 CDT

Original text of this message