Re: Orphan sessions

From: gonzo <gbahut_at_ravenpack.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 01:01:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 23, 2:24 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 00:43:11 -0700, gonzo wrote:
> > You can specify directives to to terminate idle sessions belonging to
> > any specific user. You specify this by setting KILL_SESSION as the
> > switch group using the resource plan directive MAX_IDLE_TIME: Maximum
> > idle time for the session.
>
> I already suggested that, but it's not what the OP needs.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

Using SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME is NOT the same as using the DB Resource manager.
Your suggestion, which I agree is a valid one although doesn't seems to work on the OP environment, address this issue in the Network layer.
What I was proposing is to let the DB server identify and kill idle sessions regardless of their connection status. The advantages of this approach are two, the network is not affected by connection probing and you can precisely control which sessions you need to monitor and when to kill them. Received on Fri Jun 24 2011 - 03:01:40 CDT

Original text of this message