Re: Oracle 8.0.5 error

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:19:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 17, 7:52 pm, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dan:
>
> > John,
> > I did start again yesterday, I reinstalled Oracle from scratch and
> > rebuild the database.  No luck.  When I try to just delete the
> > database via the database configuration assistant, it fails because it
> > can't log onto it's own utility (probably svrmgr30) to do the drop.
> > So I'm stymied.
>
> I don't do oracle on windows so my knowledge is fairly limited.  I
> think you need to do something special to get rid of the Oracle
> "services" that windows uses ( should be pretty well documented in the
> Oracle documentation ) and/or registry entries.
>
> Some special command to get rid of the windows oracle services do some
> googling around if necessary.  ( Oradim maybe ? ).
>
> A unix install can be cleaned up just by deleting files and
> directories ( everything is a file in unix right ) but windows has
> complications.
>
> # I don't think 8.0 can build databases with sqlplus.  I'm pretty sure
> that "sqlplus /nolog" and "connect / as sysdba" started in 9i.
>
> connect internal

On version 8 I seem to remember that you used svrmgrl to build databases and not sqlplus.

If you have to create the Windows services for the database manually then the oradim80 utility can create them via the -new option.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Jun 20 2011 - 10:19:26 CDT

Original text of this message