Re: Oracle 8.0.5 error

From: S. Anthony Sequeira <nobody_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:56:19 +0100

On 18/06/11 00:52, John Hurley wrote:
> Dan:
>> John,
>> I did start again yesterday, I reinstalled Oracle from scratch and
>> rebuild the database. No luck. When I try to just delete the
>> database via the database configuration assistant, it fails because it
>> can't log onto it's own utility (probably svrmgr30) to do the drop.
>> So I'm stymied.
> I don't do oracle on windows so my knowledge is fairly limited. I
> think you need to do something special to get rid of the Oracle
> "services" that windows uses ( should be pretty well documented in the
> Oracle documentation ) and/or registry entries.
> Some special command to get rid of the windows oracle services do some
> googling around if necessary. ( Oradim maybe ? ).
> A unix install can be cleaned up just by deleting files and
> directories ( everything is a file in unix right ) but windows has
> complications.
> # I don't think 8.0 can build databases with sqlplus. I'm pretty sure
> that "sqlplus /nolog" and "connect / as sysdba" started in 9i.
> connect internal

To remove Oracle services:

Delete any references to Oracle services left behind in the following part of the registry:

Total clean of Oracle install, one of many URLs

S. Anthony Sequeira
+44 7542 455 233
You are not permitted to kill a woman who has wronged you, but nothing
forbids you to reflect that she is growing older every minute.  You are
avenged fourteen hundred and forty times a day.
		-- Ambrose Bierce