Re: Oracle 8.0.5 error

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 16:52:06 -0700 (PDT)

Dan:

> John,
> I did start again yesterday, I reinstalled Oracle from scratch and
> rebuild the database.  No luck.  When I try to just delete the
> database via the database configuration assistant, it fails because it
> can't log onto it's own utility (probably svrmgr30) to do the drop.
> So I'm stymied.

I don't do oracle on windows so my knowledge is fairly limited. I think you need to do something special to get rid of the Oracle "services" that windows uses ( should be pretty well documented in the Oracle documentation ) and/or registry entries.

Some special command to get rid of the windows oracle services do some googling around if necessary. ( Oradim maybe ? ).

A unix install can be cleaned up just by deleting files and directories ( everything is a file in unix right ) but windows has complications.

# I don't think 8.0 can build databases with sqlplus.  I'm pretty sure that "sqlplus /nolog" and "connect / as sysdba" started in 9i.

connect internal Received on Fri Jun 17 2011 - 18:52:06 CDT

Original text of this message