Re: Determine Date of Records Associated With Corrupt Block

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 11:01:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 15, 10:39 am, "if_inves..._at_yahoo.com" <basis_consult..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In a test server we have a corrupt data block in a table that is about
> 17GB in
> size. DBVerify and validate structure both identified the same corrupt
> block.
> (File#f, block #y). Oracle is 10.2.0.4.
>
> That table has a field named DATE, and there is an index on DATE.
>
> Is there a way to use the index in order to identify the date(s)
> of the data that was on the corrupt block?
>
> For example, suppose that DBVerify and Validate Structure
> indicate that file#100, block#99999 is corrupt.
>
> Is there a way to check the value of the date field in index TABLE-
> DATE
> associated with this file/block?
>
> Thanks,
> QZ

Richard Foote has an interesting article about ora_hash: http://richardfoote.wordpress.com/2011/03/31/oracle11g-analyze-table-validate-structure-cascade-fast-slow-burn/

I'm wondering if you could use that method to get the rowid of the index, then use that rowid as a predicate on a query to see the date in the index.

Just thinking out loud, of course. At least you could dump the index block.

Rowid format: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e16508/logical.htm#BABFFFCE

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.