Re: Querying distances between two coordinates

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 01:11:04 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:42:42 -0700, Charles Hooper wrote:

> I found the lesson plan. I see that part of the point of the lesson was
> to destroy Euclid's Elements, which were introduced 23 centuries ago.

Stable version, still used in profusion today, at least in the form of linear algebra who was introduced by Grassman, Hamilton and Cayley. However, it's incredible what Google can turn out these days:

http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html

There is a calculator, implemented in JavaScript, along with the formula. I have to confess not knowing the formula. My formula collection, called "Bronstein", is long forgotten since I graduated in 1984.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com