Re: TS5841:SSIS Developer

From: joel garry <>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 14:56:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 8, 10:39 am, John Hurley <> wrote:
> Joel:
> # The ERP I work on is in wineries and breweries due to it's
> particular integration of process manufacturing.
> Are you serious?  It sounds like you are ... but I can never tell with
> you.
> Only in California I guess?

Yes, I'm serious. The vendor is worldwide. I had a headhunter after me at one time to move to some island in the Bahamas for a brewery. A nice dream, but I'd be bored in two weeks. I've lost touch with one of my old bosses, but somewhere I heard that after he left the vendor he went to work for one of the wineries.

It certainly gives you a different perspective on the idea of canonical business data when you have to deal with multiple units of measurement and percentage yields.

-- is bogus.