Re: Upgrade 9.2 to 11.2 with minimal downtime

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 09:59:22 -0700 (PDT)

Chuck:

# The import was running with commit=y. I removed that and the import
went from 36 hours to 7.5 hours which may be within my client's tolerance for down time.

That still sounds like way too long for importing 60 gig ... what shows up in wait events during the time frame the 7.5 hour import is running?

# I'm thinking maybe to set indexes=n as well and build the indexes
afterwards in parallel.

If you are using the old import you have to do the indexfile thing etc ...

Some other possible things are to check LOG_BUFFER and DB_CACHE_SIZE and think about turning off archivelog mode during the import process. Have you set shared pool and cache things to a reasonable large minimum size if you are letting oracle do any of the automatic memory messing up? Received on Thu Jun 02 2011 - 11:59:22 CDT

Original text of this message