Re: Upgrade 9.2 to 11.2 with minimal downtime

From: John Hurley <>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:36:48 -0700 (PDT)

# I've tried using exp/imp (datapump isn't an option because of v9 at the source) but it takes about 36 hours to import which is too long.

Where are you spending your time in this 36 hour time frame when the import is running?

I can import 60 gig in under an hour on a relatively modest generic IBM x server with EMC clariion storage.

Sounds like something is drastically wrong somewhere in your setup but start with the wait interface and see what is going on during your horribly long running import. Received on Wed Jun 01 2011 - 17:36:48 CDT

Original text of this message