Re: CPU APR'11 for 11.2.0.2

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 03:34:23 -0700 (PDT)

Mladen:

# Oracle Corp. has released CPU APR for 11.2.0.2 on both 32 bit and 64 bit Linux today. The patch installs without any problems, but it does require the latest OPatch. The patch number is 11724916 and the patch can be located using Meta...my Oracle support.

Of course the earlier in the patch cycle ( and 11.2.0.2 stuff is pretty early ) the potentially more dangerous some of this maintenance is.

We are still sitting on 11.1.0.7 ( now 11.1.0.7.7 patchset update ) and looking at 11.2.0.2 late in the year maybe.

I am taking a remote class from Tanel Poder right now ( AOT v2 ) and he noted specifically a patch for mutex fixes that may need to be looked at right away for anyone going with latest maintenance rolling out. ( I have it in my notes at work will try to stick it in here later today ). Received on Fri May 13 2011 - 05:34:23 CDT

Original text of this message