Re: 10.2.0.1 trace uncommitted inserts

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 04:10:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:00:01 -0700, John Hurley wrote:

> The original poster does not apparently know about setting a 10046
> trace. More than one person implicated in not having the ability to
> figure out what is going on at least in my mind.

10046 trace has nothing to do with the problem. The original problem, at least according to what I have read, is that the application log contains the record of the transaction while the table doesn't. If that is a usual 3-tier application with an application server, client and a DB server, tracing it will not be trivial as it may include many sessions that are unrelated to the problem. If the vendor "cannot figure out what's happening", the vendor is extremely unlikely to be using DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO. The best bet is a trigger with an autonomous transaction which will show what was fired and when. That is called "debugging" and is usually done by the people who write the application. If they are unable to do so, which is what the OP implied, then they are not very competent, period.
Furthermore, your sanctimonious "I'm holier than thou" attitude is beginning to bore the heck out of me, so I ignore majority of your posts. You can shove your crystal ball where the sun doesn't shine.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com